Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Taking care of patients is more than treating or prescribing medications to them! Helping them obtain an ideal state of health and wellness plays a significant role in providing optimal patient care.
In this week’s episode, Jeff interviews Dr. Erik Suh who shares his experience in successfully integrating anti-aging & wellness components into his practice; providing a very unique range of services to patients who are interested in becoming the best possible version of themselves!
Background of Dr. Erik Suh
- He completed his residency at John Peter Smith Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program and became a board-certified family physician.
Why he left his previous practice
- The practice environment was very conservative with an old-school thought process.
- It was a very archaic, outdated type of practice that simply wanted to do family medicine; live and die with insurance alone.
Allopathic Medicine vs Naturopathic Medicine!
- We have to deliver what patients need.
- Many patients want natural remedies, but as an allopathic physician, we cannot even counsel patients on anything apart from medicine.
Started a Private Practice in 2005 at Bellevue, WA
- Got trained in Botox & Restylane
- Was able to offer Family Medicine and Fillers
- Referrals started to grow through female patients
- Added a naturopathic physician to the practice.
Importance of Functional Medicine and how it played a key role in integrating the anti-aging & wellness components into the practice:
- Treating patients on getting them to “feel” better
- Helping patients restore their functionality and get them to perform at their highest capacity.
- Importance of ensuring nutritional, physical, and mental wellbeing of patients
Importance of practicing integrative medicine!
- We get a lot of cross-referrals from patients, who get to know about the different components of our practice
- Patients are always going to want to look, feel and become better. They always want to be the best version of themselves.
- It’s a great way to create multiple revenue streams that build upon one another.
- Allows your practice to stand out amongst other derm, medspas, family physician practices
Leveraging Positive Patient Experiences
- Highlight positive patient experiences via marketing
- Testimonials and word-of-mouth referrals
- Website & Social Media Marketing
- Reviews & Social Proof
How patients perceive internal vs external wellbeing
- Current mindset in how patients tend to undervalue their internal health and wellness, and why we need to shift their mindset!
- A Healthy Mind and Body leads to stronger immune systems
- Short term gain vs long term gain, and the role we play as doctors in helping patients make the right decision
Connect with Us:
Category: Business of Aesthetics Podcast