Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe To Our Podcast
In this week’s episode, Jeff and Naren discuss 10 steps to a positive new patient experience and explain how doctors and practice owners can use these steps in their practices to influence their patients and staff.
- Backstory: What inspired the 10 steps that create the new patient experience?
- Focus points of the 10 steps
- Create and deliver a compelling new experience
- Make patients feel appreciated
- Ability to read patients
- Magnetic personality
- Probe politely
- Be knowledgeable: But not a “know-it-all”
- Positive language
- What can you give patients that will keep them from going elsewhere?
- How do you follow up with the patients?
- Connecting during COVID: The challenge of building direct relationships and the importance of engaging with the patients.
- First Focus Point: Creating and delivering a compelling experience. This is the point at which the patients leave the office and feel they had a positive experience.
- Second Focus Point: Listen. You should be able to listen and then verbalize back to the patient what you heard.
- Third Focus Point: Make patients feel appreciated.
- Fourth Focus Point: Foster the ability to read patients.
- Fifth Focus Point: Magnetic personality – Being able to get the patient talking and elaborating on any skin issues, needs or wants.
- Sixth Focus Point: Probe politely – Let the patient know you want to understand. Give a gentle nudge and let the patient know you want to understand his or her concerns.
- Seventh Focus Point: Be knowledgeable, but not a “know-it-all”. Allow other team members to be experts.
- Eighth Focus Point: Positive language is important in persuasion. When you identify in a positive way, it allows you to be empathetic.
- Ninth Focus Point: Commitment from the patient – What can you give patients to keep them from going elsewhere?
- Tenth Focus Point: Follow up; what happens after the appointment?
Connect with Us:
Category: Business of Aesthetics Podcast